[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] GVPHardCard and A2630

huck@csuvax1.csu.murdoch.EDU.AU (Neil Huck) (06/13/91)

keith@actrix.gen.nz (Keith Stewart) writes:

>Yep the time is fast approaching when I will be able to afford a 68030
>and 68882 so my rendering will go faster.
>As usual i turn to the helpful people here for some suggestions.

>I have a GVP Series II + RAM card with 40 meg Quantum scsi.device 3.07

>My Amiga 2000 has a mother board version 4.5
>Commodore New Zealand have dropped the price of 2360 by $1200 and I am
>getting prices of GVP boards but the 2360 looks to be cheaper

>What I would like to know has anyone had any experience of incompatability
>between the GVP card and the 2360.

At Murdoch Uni. in Western Australia we had a user with a 2000 who purchased
a GVP SeriesII A2000-HC+8   and  a A2630 accelerator card.

Each worked separately, however when both were installed the Amiga crashed
on bootup. Problem was due to a 4-layer German motherboard.

The same cards also would not work in a revision 4.3 non-German motherboard
however they would work in a revision 4 non-German motherboard.

My advise is to test the A2630 in YOUR machine before paying any money.

Good luck.
--
Neil Huck,                         huck@murdoch.edu.au
Computer Services Unit,            Phone  (09) 332 2767