[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] What I _REAALY_ want is... <hint: AdSpeedAtOnce! :>

tom@microsoft.UUCP (Tom MCCONNELL) (06/09/91)

I know what I want for Christmas!

I want to have an ATOnce, 'cause I work with these damn PC's.  The problem
with the ATOnce is it's speed.  Other than that, it seems to be a kick
ass solution.

I also want to have an AdSpeed.  I want the faster speed it would give
my system.  (OK, who is kidding who. I want WINGS to really FLY! :-)

What I really really really really _REALLY_ want is for Vortex to come
out with an "improved" version of the AtOnce which uses a 14 Mhz 68000
and 32k cache ala AdSpeed instead of the boring old 7 Mhz 68000.  If you
are going to replace the chip, why not replace it with a faster one.
This would make the AtOnce fast, AND the amiga fast as well!

It seems like a logical way for them to improve the product line.  Sell the
AtOnce/7 as a low end emulator($250), and sell the AtOnce/14 as the high end
solution($400).

I could have my cake and eat it too!

Is there anyone listening out there, huh?

Whaddya folks think...would it work?  How can we get them to do it?

Just some thoughts...

-Tom

--
"Hey COW!"  _____________((
           /       **    o \    ______     _______________________

gordos@ucunix.san.uc.edu (John Gordos) (06/12/91)

	What we need before we get a 14Mhz ATOnce, is a 7Mhz ATOnce
	that works more than 80% of the time.

	One man's opinion...

	John (Wish I had bought an ATBridgeboard) Gordos

--
==========================                              ========================
John A. Gordos, III

s9133283@giaea.gi.oz (Chuggles) (06/14/91)

In article <72816@microsoft.UUCP> tom@microsoft.UUCP (Tom MCCONNELL) writes:

>I know what I want for Christmas!
>
>I want to have an ATOnce, 'cause I work with these damn PC's.  The problem
>with the ATOnce is it's speed.  Other than that, it seems to be a kick
>ass solution.
>
>I also want to have an AdSpeed.  I want the faster speed it would give
>my system.  (OK, who is kidding who. I want WINGS to really FLY! :-)
>
>What I really really really really _REALLY_ want is for Vortex to come
>out with an "improved" version of the AtOnce which uses a 14 Mhz 68000
>and 32k cache ala AdSpeed instead of the boring old 7 Mhz 68000.  If you
>are going to replace the chip, why not replace it with a faster one.
>This would make the AtOnce fast, AND the amiga fast as well!

 While Vortex are at it, why don't they replace the 8Mhz 80286 with a 16Mhz
 80286.  Therefore you could have fast Amiga and a fast IBM.

>It seems like a logical way for them to improve the product line.  Sell the
>AtOnce/7 as a low end emulator($250), and sell the AtOnce/14 as the high end
>solution($400).

 Nice idea.
 Stuff deleted

        ___                          *   Its hard to own a 3000 when than only
        ///|         _               *   educational discounts round here are
    __ /// | |\/| | /    /\          *   for Macs.  SIGH SIGH.
    \\V//--| |  | | \_| /--\         *   Noel Ashford