[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] IDE HD question.

beo@maestro.htsa.aha.nl (Jan -BeO the PeO- van Veen) (05/28/91)

Hello netters,
  A (maybe ignorant) question bubbled up: I've got a A590 with a
  WD IDE drive in it. Is it possible to connect a additional IDE
  drive?
  (I can get my hands on a rather cheap 80MB IDE drive and I don't
  really want to get rid of my old, slow, small HD which has served
  me so loyally.. :)

Bye, Jan -BeO the PeO- van Veen,  beo@maestro.htsa.aha.nl

rick@tmi.com (06/10/91)

In article <2946@maestro.htsa.aha.nl>, beo@maestro.htsa.aha.nl (Jan -BeO the PeO- van Veen) writes:
> Hello netters,
>   A (maybe ignorant) question bubbled up: I've got a A590 with a
>   WD IDE drive in it. Is it possible to connect a additional IDE
>   drive?
>   (I can get my hands on a rather cheap 80MB IDE drive and I don't
>   really want to get rid of my old, slow, small HD which has served
>   me so loyally.. :)

Sure you can.  IDE supports two physical drives for certain--maybe even four.
--
|[- O] Rick Stevens                                                        |

DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu (06/14/91)

In article <5493@tmi.com>, rick@tmi.com says:

>Sure you can.  IDE supports two physical drives for certain--maybe even four.
>--

Two per cable. I wonder if the A590 supports only 8-bit IDE, only 16-bit
IDE, or both?

-- Dan Babcock