[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] SYSINFO V1.98

madman@lakes.UUCP (MadMan) (06/14/91)

I have an Amiga 500 w/3M RAM, and a 52M SUPRA 500XP HD.  My AGNUS is
marked MOS 8370 2587 23.  Now, it is my understanding that this is the
normal 512K AGNUS chip, but when I run SYSINFO (I have V1.98), it totally
freaks on AGNUS type and prints a line of what look like 'y's with an
umlaut all the way across the screen, and occaisonally it tells me that I
have an ECS 8373 Denise, although I know mine to be an 8362.  Does
anybody have any idea what causes this?  All the rest of the info
displayed is correct...

madman@lakes.UUCP (MadMan) Twin_Lakes Engineering
gatech!dogwood!lakes!madman

cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) (06/17/91)

In article <yyui42w164w@lakes.UUCP> madman@lakes.UUCP (MadMan) writes:
>I have an Amiga 500 w/3M RAM, and a 52M SUPRA 500XP HD.  My AGNUS is
>marked MOS 8370 2587 23.  Now, it is my understanding that this is the
>normal 512K AGNUS chip, but when I run SYSINFO (I have V1.98), it totally
>freaks on AGNUS type and prints a line of what look like 'y's with an
>umlaut all the way across the screen, and occaisonally it tells me that I
>have an ECS 8373 Denise, although I know mine to be an 8362.  Does
>anybody have any idea what causes this?  All the rest of the info
>displayed is correct...
>

>madman@lakes.UUCP (MadMan) Twin_Lakes Engineering
>gatech!dogwood!lakes!madman

I wouldn't trust SysInfo, half the time it tells me I've got 6 Hard
Drive partitions when I've only got 3. There is a slight bug with
disabling of interrupts too, if you play a module with Module Master
then run SysInfo, SysInfo doesn't suspend Mod Master and in effect
it tells me my 2000 is running 1/3 the speed of a A500.

Matt Crowd        cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au         | "Operator, give me
                                                  | the number for 911"
Resident Computer Science FTP Mutant              | - Homer Simpson

GUTEST8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (Ives Aerts) (06/17/91)

I wouldn't believe this program. When benchmarking my A500 it tells me
it runs *0* (null, nothing,...) times as fast as the other reference
systems. Do I really have to add that this is uttermost b*ll ?
      Ives Aerts           |          IBM definition SY-34378
GUTEST8@BLEKUL11.BITNET    |   A signature consists of sequences of
gutest8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be | non-blank characters separated by blanks.