[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] A-Squared

hgm@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (Hal G. Meeks) (06/18/91)

In article <1991Jun15.022257.1036@crash.cts.com> hrlaser@crash.cts.com (Harv Laser) writes:
>Any idea what happened to an X-Specs accessory package called
>"Mondo Video"?
>....the A-Squared folks were going to market it.
>In the following months I tried to contact A-Squared numerous times
>by phone but always got met by an answering machine and was never
>called back despite leaving my number a half dozen times.

*Snurk*

I've wasted over $20.00 trying to get these clowns on the phone for the
_last couple of years_. I own an Live!2000, and have tried to get
information on the hardware, software upgrades, etc.

Forget it. They don't seem to be interested in doing business any more. I
bought InvisionPlus from Elan Design, so I could care less about software
upgrades from A-Squared. InvisionPlus is vastly superior. They are
handling manufacturing for the PAL version of Live!, which is great news for
European video freaks. They even sold me the fix to get my Live!2000 working
with the 3000. Always been really helpful on the phone. Wish I could say the
same about A-Squared. Perhaps if they were to return their phone calls, I
could.

It bothers me that a great toy is going to slowly fade away due to bad
support. And at a time that the Amiga is coming into it's own as a "desktop
video" platform.

--hal

--
hgm@ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu   "Fashion is fascism with a neat hair cut."