[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 68000 accelerators

c102031@ucscg.UCSC.EDU (10045031) (06/19/91)

Has anyone used ICD's "AdSpeed" 14.3 MHz 68000 accelerator?

 - Did it work well with all your software?
 - Did it make anything crash?
 - Did you run any benchmarks?
 - Was the speed increase noticeable?
 - If I buy this product what can I expect?
 - Does ICD provide good customer support?
   Reply to jonaton@slugmail.ucsc.edu

cjs@sppy00.UUCP (SCHALLER CHRIS) (06/19/91)

In article <17196@darkstar.ucsc.edu>, c102031@ucscg.UCSC.EDU (10045031) writes:

> Has anyone used ICD's "AdSpeed" 14.3 MHz 68000 accelerator?
>
> - Did it work well with all your software?
     It works just fine with all software except renduring programs.
     Sculpt3d and Turbo silver seem to guru occasionaly. This however seems
     to be due to the Mast 2meg mem exp unit I am using. Compatability problems.

> - Did it make anything crash?
     like I said, just the occasional guru while renduring "large" objects
     with Sculpt/Turbo. But I have to say again that I dont believe the
     problem is in the cpu. it appears to be a timing problem with my selection
     of external memory.

> - Did you run any benchmarks?
     NO!

> - Was the speed increase noticeable?
     Yes! Absolutely.

> - If I buy this product what can I expect?
     Simply, a faster system. all reads/writes are faster, disk access is
     faster, those momentary pauses with a blank screen while loading is
     going on are greatly decreased. I'm very pleased with the board.

> - Does ICD provide good customer support?
     I havent had any need to contact them.

				 Chris Schaller

  No Signature Required