[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Hooking Amiga to RGB inputs of projection TV

jcrowe@mpd.tandem.com (Joseph Crowe) (06/21/91)

Hi folks,
   I have a chance to use my Amiga in seminars and classes if I can figure
out how to hook up the signal to a projection TV which takes RGB input.  Is
anybody out there experienced in this type of operation.  Thanks for the
anticipated response.
J. Crowe

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) (06/21/91)

In article <320@devnull.mpd.tandem.com> jcrowe@mpd.tandem.com (Joseph Crowe) writes:
>Hi folks,
>   I have a chance to use my Amiga in seminars and classes if I can figure
>out how to hook up the signal to a projection TV which takes RGB input.  Is
>anybody out there experienced in this type of operation.  Thanks for the
>anticipated response.
>J. Crowe

It depends on the frequencies the Proj. TV is capable of receiving.  The Amiga
puts out analog and digital RGB (which is my other question, which do you need?)
but a a frequency close to IBM's CGA and some EGA modes.  Is the Proj. TV used
on an IBM-type machine?  It would be better if the TV was capable of using the
analog RGB, otherwise you would only get something like 16 colors and some WB
colors would have to be adjusted so that they are one of the visible 16 colors.

--
 guy@nsco.network.com                                     //
 Guy Dandrea                                          \\ //