[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] 3500?

tony-r@PDaXcess.techbook.com (Tony-R) (06/15/91)

How come Commodore does not create an Amiga 3500, which is a follows

   * Amiga 300 Mother board with either 25/33Mhz.
   * Internal 50 Meg Hard Drive
   * 250Watt Power Supply to run the HD
   * 2 Megs on board

   It seems like this could be possible, becuase with IBM's new X-Ray
chip technology, you can get more componets on the mother board. Plus the
-y could all so use SMC technology. I think this would be a better idea
for A500 users, in this way they can keep the same case, a peripherals.
I'm not complaining, just a thought. The reason I say this is because I
have seen some products for the amiga that allow the interal drive to
become external and be used as DF0:, allows the speed and 2.0 would be
nice. This is just one mans whish!!

                   Thanks For Listening to My Thoughts

johnhlee@CS.Cornell.EDU (John H. Lee) (06/16/91)

In article <kc0J41w164w@PDaXcess.techbook.com> tony-r@PDaXcess.techbook.com (Tony-R) writes:
>How come Commodore does not create an Amiga 3500, which is a follows
>
>   * Amiga 300 Mother board with either 25/33Mhz.
>   * Internal 50 Meg Hard Drive
>   * 250Watt Power Supply to run the HD
>   * 2 Megs on board

I don't understand.  How is this different from my A3000-25/50?

The DiskDoctor threatens the crew!  Next time on AmigaDos: The Next Generation.
	John Lee		Internet: johnhlee@cs.cornell.edu
The above opinions are those of the user, and not of this machine.

In article <kc0J41w164w@PDaXcess.techbook.com> tony-r@PDaXcess.techbook.com (Tony-R) writes:
>How come Commodore does not create an Amiga 3500, which is a follows
>
>   * Amiga 300 Mother board with either 25/33Mhz.

We prefer taking a different motherboard, a) to get rid of that
daughterboard of the 3000 (extra contacts mean extra cost and extra
possibilities of failure), b) to put more slots on it than on the d.b.

>   * Internal 50 Meg Hard Drive
>   * 250Watt Power Supply to run the HD
>   * 2 Megs on board

You should really look forward to the now publicly announced A3000T.

bernie@metapro.DIALix.oz.au (Bernd Felsche) (06/22/91)

In <1375@cbmger.UUCP> peterk@cbmger.UUCP (Peter Kittel GERMANY) writes:

>You should really look forward to the now publicly announced A3000T.

How about a swap for my antique A2000? (Made in Braunschweig) I'll
even pay for the freight.

Hopefully the A3000T won't become an orphan too.
--
Bernd Felsche,                 _--_|\   #include <std/disclaimer.h>
Metapro Systems,              / sold \  Fax:   +61 9 472 3337