[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Rummor

R.Smithers@ee.surrey.ac.uk (Russell Smithers) (06/17/91)

	Now I don't want to be slagged of or anything but about a year ago a friend(and I don't follow events that much) if mine mentioned that their might be a new commodore computer/series whatever called the Ranger is this true? or does some one know where this might have come from?

	Only something thats been swimming around in my head since I heard it from a mate of mine.

	Well CBM any news??????????

taab5@isuvax.iastate.edu (Marc Barrett) (06/23/91)

In article <1991Jun17.131843.564@EE.Surrey.Ac.UK>, R.Smithers@ee.surrey.ac.uk (Russell Smithers) writes:

>	Now I don't want to be slagged of or anything but about a year ago a
> friend(and I don't follow events that much) if mine mentioned that their
> might be a new commodore computer/series whatever called the Ranger is this
> true? or does some one know where this might have come from?
>
>	Only something thats been swimming around in my head since I heard
> it from a mate of mine.
>
>	Well CBM any news??????????

   The Ranger was a product of the imagination of some guy at InfoWorld,
about five years ago.  About a year before the A2000 came out, InfoWorld
carried a short blurb about a new Commodore 'Amiga Ranger' system with a
resolution of 1024x768 and a vastly improved palette.  It was strictly
the imagination of the InfoWorld editor, and did not (and still does not)
exist.  (I don't know why anyone believed that, because there is no way
Commodore could ever possibly be so innovative).

 / Marc Barrett  -MB- | BITNET:   XGR39@ISUVAX.BITNET        /
/  ISU COM S Student  | Internet: XGR39@CCVAX.IASTATE.EDU   /
\        The great thing about standards is that          /
 \       there are so many of them to choose from.       /