[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Printer Driver

jheath@NPIRS.Purdue.EDU (Jim Heath) (05/10/91)

I purchased a Canon BJ10e (bubble jet) printer last night.  The
dealer gave me a driver from, I believe, the Fred Fish disks.  I
have tried it out with PageSetter II and it works fairly well.
It does space too much at the top of the page.  This causes the
bottom of the page to run over onto the next page.  I haven't had
time to experiment with it yet, so it may be adjustable for.

Does anyone know of any other printer drivers for this printer or
the IBM X24... ProPrinter?  Does anyone know of any programs to
create printer drivers.  I seem to recall there being one or more
in the Fish Disks.  I also think I saw something about a
commercial program(s) to do this as well.

I finally got around to sending in for the upgrade to PageStream.
Have they been prompt in sending these out?  It took about a year
when I sent in for their special deal where you sent in your
PageSetter disk and $55.  Of course, they were still writing the
program then.

					Thanks
					Jim Heath

ettore@cbmita.UUCP (Ettore Caurla) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May10.150413.19842@NPIRS.Purdue.EDU> jheath@NPIRS.Purdue.EDU (Jim Heath) writes:
>I purchased a Canon BJ10e (bubble jet) printer last night.  The
>dealer gave me a driver from, I believe, the Fred Fish disks.  I
>have tried it out with PageSetter II and it works fairly well.
>It does space too much at the top of the page.  This causes the
>bottom of the page to run over onto the next page.  I haven't had
>time to experiment with it yet, so it may be adjustable for.

[stuff deleted]
>					Thanks
>					Jim Heath

For this problem you can contact mr. Faust Wolf.

This is his message fowarded :

>Because of several ugly bugs in Pagestream 2.1, there is no way to
>print with 360*360DPI on BJ printers (u can't select density 7 on
>PS preference drivers; PS BJ driver is brocken).
>
>canon48.lzh
>
>----
>Wolf Faust       cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmger!venus!wfaust
>Tel: +(49)69-5486556     FIDO: 2:243/43.5

BTW, he make a new printer driver.

Best regards
Ettore

--
Ettore Caurla - Commodore Amiga Technical Support
Commodore Italiana S.p.A. - Viale Fulvio Testi 280 - 20126 MILANO

"All opinions are on my own, others are welcome"

Rob_Dangel@amicol.UUCP (Rob Dangel) (06/25/91)

Does the amiga have a printer driver for the new laserjet II's? I know it has
the old laserjet emulation but I am looking for the laser jet II....