[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Golem products

6600sage@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (King Crimson III) (06/25/91)

I was at the AmigaExpo in Anaheim, in October 1990.  In addition
to buying my Amiga there, I checked out hard drive controllers and
other extra hardware.  One brand which looked promising, out of
Europe, was called Golem.  I was wondering:  does Golem still
exist, is it available in the U.S., and if so, what is the quality?

Thanks in advance.

-Eliot  (6600sage@ucsbuxa.edu)
*** "Crimson people are inherently silly people.  First of all,   ***
*** They're redder than your avergae bear, and second of all,     ***
*** They listen to really weird, funky rhythms..."   -Elrod.Bat   ***

ptavoly@cs.ruu.nl (Peter Tavoly) (06/25/91)

In <12218@hub.ucsb.edu> 6600sage@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (King Crimson III) writes:

>I was at the AmigaExpo in Anaheim, in October 1990.  In addition
>to buying my Amiga there, I checked out hard drive controllers and
>other extra hardware.  One brand which looked promising, out of
>Europe, was called Golem.  I was wondering:  does Golem still
>exist, is it available in the U.S., and if so, what is the quality?

Golem is the trademark of Kupke electronics GmbH (which means Ltd.), from
Germany, they are comparable to GVP in the states: they are good, but
expensive. They have an SCSI-II controller which has achieved the highest
transfer rates in tests together with GVP's controller. They also have a
'Black Tower' which basically is an A2000 in a pretty black tower case, with a
stronger power supply, 50Mhz 68030, 60Mhz (!) 68882, and a lot of slots.

X-pert also has a tower and some turbo boards out there (plus graphics cards
etc.), but they are very expensive.

I don't have their address handy, but if you really need it, I'll post it.

>Thanks in advance.
>
>-Eliot  (6600sage@ucsbuxa.edu)

 -Thomas.

This account expires on 01-Sep-91. No more VR, it's RL now! :)
Thomas Tavoly, Commercial Computer Science, HEAO Utrecht, NL.           / / /
ptavoly@praxis.cs.ruu.nl - Thomas speaking!  .sig v3.3               AMIGA /
 ICE - brain-blasting zombie-making voodoo electronics.         \ \ \/ / /