[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] printing on T-Shirts

mimetz@mimetz.UUCP (Michael Metz) (06/25/91)

Hi there,

a lot of people called me for a scanner/video system with editing software that
produces high quality printouts for T-shirts (big sizes).

The input is easy: Get an Epson or Sharp colour scanner or a video camera and a
digitizer hooked to an AMIGA.

The editing is easy as well: Just take Art Department Professional.

The output is the problem: which printer should I suggest? A thermotransfer or
an inkjet or an thermosublimation printer? Which printer from which
manufacturer? What density does the printer produce? AND which colours should I
use for printing on T-Shirts (waterproof?).

The last point is easy as well: just take a hot and plane metall and press the
printout on the T-Shirt.

Anybody with a solution? I don't know which printers to take for which colours
etc.????

Thanx for your HELP!

-Mike
--
Michael Metz
CompuStore GmbH                     Fritz-Reuter-Str.6; D-6000 Frankfurt 1

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) (06/26/91)

In article <195a09f1.ARN137d@mimetz.UUCP> rob%spirit@krefcom.kref.north.de writes:
>a lot of people called me for a scanner/video system with editing software that
>produces high quality printouts for T-shirts (big sizes).
>The input is easy: Get an Epson or Sharp colour scanner or a video camera and a
>digitizer hooked to an AMIGA.
>
>The output is the problem: which printer should I suggest? A thermotransfer or
>an inkjet or an thermosublimation printer? Which printer from which
>manufacturer? What density does the printer produce? AND which colours should I
>use for printing on T-Shirts (waterproof?).

There is a few Co.'s that make heat-transferable ribbon for printers like the
Star NX1000 Rainbow...  And there is a company that makes a special paper that
you use regular printing on and THEN iron it to the shirt.

My favorite (have not used it but seen end product) is an item that is found
at most Craft stores.  Its like a white glue that you smear onto the item you
want to transfer; i.e. Photos, Laser printouts...  and then lay this glue-ey
item onto the shirt and let dry for 24 hours.  Then the paper is pealed/rubbed
away and you have a clean, clear transfer with bright colors and good detail.

>Thanx for your HELP!
>
>-Mike
>--
>Michael Metz
>CompuStore GmbH                     Fritz-Reuter-Str.6; D-6000 Frankfurt 1
>Tel: +49 (0)-69 56 73 99            FAX: +49 (0)-69 5 60 17 84
>CompuServe: 71001,210               ETG: 016
>path: ...(uunet|pyramid|rutgers)cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmger!mimetz!mimetz

--
 guy@nsco.network.com                                     //
 Guy Dandrea                                          \\ //