[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Tape Backup...

stevem@sauron.Columbia.NCR.COM (Steve McClure) (06/21/90)

The following is intended for Scott Kennedy, sorry to post, lost email address

Scott,
	I read your post to c.s.a about your tape backup problems.  Have you
had any success at all?  Please let me know more.  What you have should work.

Steve		email: Steve.McClure@Columbia.NCR.COM	803-791-7054
The above are my opinions, which NCR doesn't really care about anyway!
CAUSER's Amiga BBS! | 803-796-3127 | 8pm-8am 8n1 | 300/1200/2400

Frank.Malczewski@f625.n159.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Frank Malczewski) (09/27/90)

AREA:UUCP_HRDWR
I'm looking for some information about how I can use a SCSI ADIC tape
unit to back up my AMIGA HD. I remember a thread here where someone
had successfully achieved it. Does anyone remember this thread, or who
it was? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Frank

AFIT Amiga Users BBS/UFGateway |Frank Malczewski - via FidoNet node 1:110/300
    1:110/300 Dayton, Ohio     |UUCP: afitamy!159!625!Frank.Malczewski
        (513)-252-7681         |ARPA: Frank.Malczewski@f625.n159.z1.FIDONET.ORG

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (10/03/90)

In article <312.27059221@afitamy.fidonet.org> Frank.Malczewski@f625.n159.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Frank Malczewski) writes:
>I'm looking for some information about how I can use a SCSI ADIC tape
>unit to back up my AMIGA HD. I remember a thread here where someone
>had successfully achieved it. Does anyone remember this thread, or who
>it was? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

I know nothing about tape backups, except that now that I have a 100meg
drive, and will probably buy a larger 300/600, I do NOT want to backup these
things to floppy.  What are some good, well tested units, prices etc. that
will work on the A3000?

Any info appreciated.

David Navas                                   navas@sim.berkeley.edu
"Excuse my ignorance, but I've been run over by my train of thought."  -me

glee@tigris.uucp (Godfrey Lee) (10/08/90)

In article <312.27059221@afitamy.fidonet.org> Frank.Malczewski@f625.n159.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Frank Malczewski) writes:
>I'm looking for some information about how I can use a SCSI ADIC tape
>unit to back up my AMIGA HD.

I am too.

--
Godfrey Lee
cognos!alzabo!tigris!glee

gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) (10/09/90)

Speaking of tape backup units.  Has anybody had any experience
using an Exabyte 2 gig tape backup on an Amiga?  What results?
What about the new 10 gig model?

			Thanks, Ralph

gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu       gilgalad@zip.eecs.umich.edu
gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu     Ralph_Seguin@ub.cc.umich.edu
gilgalad@sparky.eecs.umich.edu    USER6TUN@UMICHUB.BITNET

Ralph Seguin		| "You mean THE Zaphod Beeblebrox?"
536 South Forest	|
Apartment 915		| "No.  Haven't you heard, I come in six packs!"
Ann Arbor, MI 48104	|
(313) 662-4805

Frank.Malczewski@f625.n159.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Frank Malczewski) (10/10/90)

AREA:UUCP_HRDWR
Dave,

I have had no success on a reply to my help request pertaining to how
to hook up an IBM SCSI drive to the AMIGA. I was told there is a PD
software package that contains very generic programs to do this, but I
have not found it yet. I'm surprised that no one on this net has one
working. Everyone must like  buying a 2nd HD or using a lot of disks!

The other thing I'd like to do is get an IBM CD ROM talking to the
AMIGA. I've got one of them kicking around, along with some disks. In
either case, I don't want anything fancy, just a simple driver so I
can read the CD ROM or read/write to tape.

Maybe this will catch so eyes.

                            H E L P ! !

Talk to you later.

Frank

AFIT Amiga Users BBS/UFGateway |Frank Malczewski - via FidoNet node 1:110/300
    1:110/300 Dayton, Ohio     |UUCP: afitamy!159!625!Frank.Malczewski
        (513)-252-7681         |ARPA: Frank.Malczewski@f625.n159.z1.FIDONET.ORG

nishan@uop.edu (Nishan Sandhar) (11/28/90)

I'm looking for a tape backup system for my 2000.  I've got a
Maxtor LXT200S drive with a GVP series II SCSI controller.
I was looking in the range of about 40 Megs per tape or cartridge.

Are there DAT backup systems available, and if so, what are the
tradeoffs between DAT and tape (cost, performance, capacity).

Please e-mail, and I'll post a summary if there is enough requests.

|   Nishan Sandhar |  University of the Pacific  |
|   nishan@uop.edu |  Stockton, CA  95211        |

paul@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca (Paul Wolodko) (06/13/91)

  Short and to the point ...

  I'm trying to find any info.  available on tape-backup systems.
Namely, I am toying with the idea of attaching a tape-backup to
my Amiga.  Getting the backup from work was no problem, its afew
years old and there is no docs kickin' around for the thing.  So
I'm hopeing some Guru can help me out/point me in the right
direction.  The tape backup is:

  ADIC
  Data Library
  (Model #500)

Any info on this type of thing will help, I'm completely in the
dark on this.  Thanks.

P.S.  I'm also lookin' for a forum dealing with 3B2's; anyone
know where this might be?

Paul Wolodko              paul@ersys.edmonton.ab.ca
Edmonton Remote Systems:  Serving Northern Alberta since 1982

jon@galadriel.bt.co.uk (Jon Hopkins) (06/27/91)

From article <5492@tmi.com>, by rick@tmi.com:
> In article <1991May23.175254.9313@ns.network.com>, guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) writes:
> I use Larry Phillips' "dump" and "restore" programs
> on the HardFrame, and the CBM "HDBackup/BRU" on the 3000.

OK, but where did you find HDBackup? I have an A3000/25/100 with 2.03
software (I think so anyway, my hard disk died so Amy's been away at the
health farm for a while!), and although the manual tells me all about
HDBackup I can't find it on any of the discs.  I can find bru and all the
other S/W I expected, so did it get left off my discs or is it supposed to
be missing from 2.03 ?

Am I missing much anyway?

Cheers,
	Jon.

> --
> .--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
> |[- O] Rick Stevens                                                        |
> |  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop     |
> |  V                (rick@tmi.com)              (sysop@ssssc.com)          |
> |      CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355@compuserve.com from Internet)           |
> |           "If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid!"                |

Email: Jon@galadriel.bt.co.uk
Snail: British Telecom Research labs, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, Suffolk, UK
Subject: Re: Tape Backup... (and HDBackup)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.hardware

From article <5492@tmi.com>, by rick@tmi.com: