[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Please help- flaky 500!

PYC118%URIACC.BITNET@brownvm.brown.edu (Rasiel) (06/25/91)

My 500 seems to have a very odd habit. In some programs colorful screens get
somewhat cannibalized and have some of the colors stripped to black. It usually
happens on the edges of objects where there are several bands of shades
apparently. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? I just got this
500 3 weeks ago and other than that it performs faultlessly.

Rasiel, pyc118@uriacc
"If thy right hand causeth thee to sinne, thou art blessed!"
                                      -Unauthorized Bible passage

rrizzo@csws5.ic.sunysb.edu (Robert J Rizzo) (06/28/91)

In article <56970@nigel.ee.udel.edu> PYC118%URIACC.BITNET@brownvm.brown.edu (Rasiel) writes:
>My 500 seems to have a very odd habit. In some programs colorful screens get
>somewhat cannibalized and have some of the colors stripped to black. It usually
>happens on the edges of objects where there are several bands of shades
>apparently. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? I just got this
>500 3 weeks ago and other than that it performs faultlessly.

	I had this problem with my A500 when I first got it 2 years ago.
	My problem was that the cable to the monitor wasn't in all the
	way, when I moved my computer the cable came loose and some colors
	were missing.  If you have already checked the cable connections
	you might want to make sure that the cable itself is not bad, or
	that one of the pins in any of the jacks are not bent.

	Good luck,
	Bob

* grunt*lose some weight*power dump chase a brown trout down the river	     *
* honk out a dirt snake*squeeze the cheese*pinch a loaf*grind some beef      *
* lay some cable*lay some lumber*lay a land mine*launch a torpedo            *
* drop a depth charge*nuke it*brownulate*beach a whale*drop a log	     *
* leave a message in the ebony telephone*parking your breakfast/lunch/dinner *
* strangle a darkie*launch a Scud*launch a Scud with a chemical warhead      *
* sink an Iraqi battleship		      ---shitonyms, from rec.humor   *