[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] NEW logitech mouseman & C9 serial mouse on ami!!

ncf770@kepler.unh.edu (Nicholas C Fitanides) (06/24/91)

Hello!
I have used extensively the new mouseman and the c9 serial mouse
on a 386 platform at work.  I thought i remembered someone mentioning
a pinout adaptor to use a logitech mouse on an amiga.

Does anyone know if the logitech serial version c9 mouse will work
with this adaptor?????   Is this adaptor specific to all logitech mice,
in other words, all logitech mice have the same pinouts?

I really like the looks an feel of these mice, hope they can be used
instead of the crummy amiga mouse...

ncf770@kepler.unh.edu

cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) (06/24/91)

In article <1991Jun23.214237.8275@unhd.unh.edu> ncf770@kepler.unh.edu (Nicholas C Fitanides) writes:
>Hello!
>I have used extensively the new mouseman and the c9 serial mouse
>on a 386 platform at work.  I thought i remembered someone mentioning
>a pinout adaptor to use a logitech mouse on an amiga.
>
>Does anyone know if the logitech serial version c9 mouse will work
>with this adaptor?????   Is this adaptor specific to all logitech mice,
>in other words, all logitech mice have the same pinouts?
>
>I really like the looks an feel of these mice, hope they can be used
>instead of the crummy amiga mouse...
>
>ncf770@kepler.unh.edu

The adaptor pinout I posted a while ago was for a BUS mouse, not serial,
sorry. I believe there is a program on one of the last 30-40 fish which
enables a serial mouse to be used through the serial port of the
computer.

How will the Amiga ever be taken seriously when shipped with such crud
mice ? Even the 3000 comes with one!! What happened to three buttons
Commodore ???? X-Windows with 2 buttons ? a new breakthrough :-)

Matt Crowd        cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au         | "Operator, give me
CtIoNnDeYyCaR A WbFiOrRdD                         | the number for 911"
Resident Computer Science FTP Mutant              | - Homer Simpson

sticht@edith.UUCP (Stefan Sticht) (06/25/91)

>In article <1991Jun24.044347.16665@marlin.jcu.edu.au> cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) writes:
>In article <1991Jun23.214237.8275@unhd.unh.edu> ncf770@kepler.unh.edu (Nicholas C Fitanides) writes:
>>Hello!
[...]
>How will the Amiga ever be taken seriously when shipped with such crud
>mice ? Even the 3000 comes with one!! What happened to three buttons
>Commodore ???? X-Windows with 2 buttons ? a new breakthrough :-)

The Amiga UXs are shipped with a three button mouse!

Stefan Sticht
Internet: cbmvax.commodore.com!cbmehq!cbmger!edith!sticht@rutgers.EDU
      or: IWSTICHT@ibm.rz.uni-passau.de
Fido-Net: Stefan Sticht (2:242/16:4)

Paolo.Canali@p1004.f600.n332.z2.fidonet.org (Paolo Canali) (06/29/91)

 MW> The adaptor pinout I posted a while ago was for a BUS mouse, not
 MW> serial, sorry. I believe there is a program on one of the last 30-40
 MW> fish which enables a serial mouse to be used through the serial port
 MW> of the computer.

The driver work only with serial mouses working under "mouse system" standard.
I am currently using this driver with a Agiler AGM-200 mouse (nice
mouse, with 3 microswitch buttons).
The only problems are:
-The mousepointer "jump" when i move the mouse fast (the same effect we can
 see on PC-clone computers).
-the driver does not support the "select & cut" operation under kickstart 2.0
 ( CON: windows)

 +Paolo Canali              -
 -Fidonet: 2:332/600.1004   +

--
 WolfNet BBS Pisa (Italy) Tel. +39-50-589050 300-14.4K Baud Matrix 2:332/602.0
 Paolo Canali - via FidoNet node 2:33/800