[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] EDSI-2-SCSI

bsercomb@gara.une.oz.au (Katani) (06/24/91)

Is there a converter so that I can use an EDSI HD on my A500? [a drive as large
as 330 megs?] and about how much would this cost?

Why is an EDSI drive cheaper for the megs you get than an SCSI?>

larry@skookum.Canada.Sun.Com (Larry Phillips [Sun Vancouver FSE]) (06/29/91)

bsercomb@gara.une.oz.au (Katani) writes:
> Is there a converter so that I can use an EDSI HD on my A500? [a drive as large
> as 330 megs?] and about how much would this cost?

I use the Emulex MD21 controller. Works like a champ (tried on a 2090(a), 2091, HardFrame,
and 3000).

> Why is an EDSI drive cheaper for the megs you get than an SCSI?>

An ESDI drive is just a drive. It has no controller built-in, as a SCSI drive does.

-larry

"Who cares what side it's buttered on? I eat both sides."
          -= Deaf Orange Lemondog =-