[comp.sys.amiga.hardware] Black borders

brueni@csgrad.cs.vt.edu (06/30/91)

In article <677917284.0@kcufgat.fidonet> Bill.Hirt@kcufgat.fidonet.org (Bill Hirt) writes:

>I have one on my A3000 and I really like it. Except for a small black border
>on the left side of the screen, I have been able to stretch out my
> [stuff deleted]

As I stare at the black borders on the edge of my screen, I began to wonder
if they'd still bother me if I didn't know they were there.  Here's my idea
for a super-cheap fix.  An insert.  All that is needed is something to
cover up a half inch on the right and left borders of the moniter screen
and maybe 1/4 inch on the top and bottom borders.

Essentially it would make a 14" moniter into a 13" moniter, but that
doesn't hurt if the extra inch was only being used to display ugly borders.
It seems to me that it would be easy to design a nice little plastic
molding which would just pop in and cover up the edges without looking
too out of place.

Maybe this sort of thing is already available for some popular moniters?
Does anyone know of such a product (and where it can be had)?

--Dennis Brueni			brueni@csgrad.cs.vt.edu

"It is a well known fact that everything really is just a surfboard."
--
 Dennis Brueni				INTERNET:  brueni@csgrad.cs.vt.edu