[rec.audio.high-end] Remote Control Mixers

pozar@apple.com (Tim Pozar) (03/16/90)

In article <9003132302.AA13841@hprnd.rose.hp.com> bparrish@hprnd.hp.com (Bill Parrish) writes:
>I'm trying to help specify a reinforcement system for our
>church... and we are coming up with an interesting problem...
>in order to allow multiple uses in our building, there is
>considerable resistance to putting a "permanent" audio control
>booth in the meeting room.  We recognize that the mixer controls
>really NEED to be in the room, and not off in some glassed-in
>booth in the attic.

    There are a number of manufactuers of "automatic" mixers.  I
belive Shure makes one.  You may want to call Leo's Audio in
Berkeley (652-1553).

    If level control is not an issue,  one trick I remember Dan
Healy told me, was to use pressure sensitive mats (the kind you
would find just inside of doorways in stores to announce your
presents) and route audio (or have the mats control relays) to
turn on an off the audio to the mixer.  You would place one behind
the leturn and when the speaker steps up, their mic would turn on.
Cute, huh?

   Other mics could have switches built in...

--
Tim Pozar    Try also...
Internet: pozar@toad.com