[rec.audio.high-end] sequera speakers, opinions?

AKONOWE%auvm.auvm.edu@VM1.gatech.edu (Adam Konowe) (10/22/90)

I received information in the mail yesterday about sequera's new
metronome 7 mark ii speakers.  the price is right in my range (just
under $500) and i can power them with my yamaha, but i'm not sure
if they are the right speaker for me.  i play everything from new
age to rock.

does anybody have an opinion about whether these speakers are right
for me and if not, what would you recommend.  Thanks for the info.

dhs@cs.utexas.edu (Douglas H. Steves) (10/29/90)

In article <7131@uwm.edu> AKONOWE%auvm.auvm.edu@VM1.gatech.edu (Adam Konowe) writes:
>I received information in the mail yesterday about sequera's new
>metronome 7 mark ii speakers.
>does anybody have an opinion about whether these speakers are right
>for me and if not, what would you recommend.  Thanks for the info.

The met-7 II's got a rave review in absolute sound about a year ago.
I really liked the original met-7's (and almost bought the 7-II's (but
didn't because I wanted shielded speakers and so bought the NHT IIs)).
But as to whether or not they're right for you: ??
I think Dick Sequerra still has a money-back guarantee on these.
Why not order a pair and see what you think?
At worst it will cost you a few dollars for shipping.

Doug