[rec.audio.high-end] Sound Delivery

SYSTEM@ACAD.DRAKE.EDU (System Manager) (01/30/91)

Having lost money by mailordering CDs from a company that went out
of business, I'm now a little more careful about where I do business.
Does anyone have experience with Sound Delivery in Davis, California, which
proports to have the largest selection of classical music in the US?

George Miller
<gm0551s@acad.drake.edu>

chowkwan@priam.usc.edu (Raymond Chowkwanyun) (01/31/91)

In article <9224@uwm.edu> SYSTEM@ACAD.DRAKE.EDU (System Manager) writes:

>Does anyone have experience with Sound Delivery in Davis, California, which
>proports to have the largest selection of classical music in the US?
>
>George Miller

No, but I've had good luck with Haverstick + Ballyk (800) 222-6872.
A fellow netter reccommended them.  They've been in business
some years, I believe.  Selection is excellent.  But don't expect
discounts on the prices.  *If* my local store has the same CD,
it's usually $1.00 less.  As I said, the point of these people
is the wide selection: the catalog runs about 150 pages of what
looks like 6 point text.

About the only price relief you'll get
is a $1.00 off each CD when you order six or more.  Also they
do have occaisional sales of selected labels (to which
the 6-plus discount doesn't apply).

They are a professional bunch and you can expect delivery within
about two weeks.

-- ray