[rec.audio.high-end] Acoustic Energy AE-1

tlhouns@ns.PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell) (04/25/91)

In article <11364@uwm.edu> hartanto@m.cs.uiuc.edu (Ismed Hartanto) writes:
>Hi, I desperately need help in selecting
>speakers. I`m in the market of a speaker ($1000-$2000)
>with a matching separate amplifiers ($500-$1000).
>I mainly listened to jazz and classical music,
>and sometimes easy-listening music.

Try listening to Acoustic Energy's AE-1 speakers.  I've had a pair for about
one and a half years now, and they are fantastic!  I think the retail is about
$1600 plus about $300 for some really good stands.  Stereophile did a review
of these a couple years back, and they got excellent marks.  They have been
rated "class B" in the mini-monitor section ever since.  Anyone else out there
have AE-1's?  I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on them.

Lee Hounshell
tlhouns@srv.pacbell.com