[sci.virtual-worlds] Uses of VR

wex@sitting.pws.bull.com (Alan Wexelblat) (03/04/90)

Here's a new thread.  Imagine that I am a venture capitalist.  I have money
to invest and I am already convinced that VR is the next big thing.  I'm
looking to you to tell me what application, what domain area, what product
you're going after.

Let's concede the home game entertainment market to the Mattels and the
Nintendos.  What other good can I put my money into?

--Alan

--
--Alan Wexelblat		internet: wex@pws.bull.com
Bull HN Information Systems	Usenet: spdcc.com!know!wex

randy@xanadu.com (Randy Farmer -- A survivor of the Lost Patrol) (03/06/90)

In article <WEX.90Mar2092352@sitting.pws.bull.com> wex@sitting.pws.bull.com (Alan Wexelblat) writes:

>Here's a new thread.  Imagine that I am a venture capitalist.  I have money
>to invest and I am already convinced that VR is the next big thing.  I'm
>looking to you to tell me what application, what domain area, what product
>you're going after.
>
>Let's concede the home game entertainment market to the Mattels and the
>Nintendos.  What other good can I put my money into?

Too bad you concede the market (to others?) so quickly.
I am convinced that VR systems have a 'nintendo'-type path to success.
If I had the money and the time, I (with help) could ship a 'Nintendo'
version of a scaled-down VR in 18-24 months.

VR for the common man  by '95! (Of course, if you don't know about me already:
I don't believe that EyePhones and DataGloves/DataSuits are anything other
than alternate input devices and as such, completely optional.)

Should I re-post my article (last seen on alt.cyberspace?)

Randy Farmer
Mother Of Habitat Domestic & Foriegn
randy@xanadu.com (...!sun!xanadu!randy)