[sci.virtual-worlds] What?!?

emiles@isis.cs.du.edu (Merlin of Chaos) (09/26/90)

In article <34192@cup.portal.com> Jonathan_S_Nowak@cup.portal.com writes:
>How come there are no messages here?  What is this newsgroup for anyway?
>Wht s the topic here?

Well, last I checked, this group was to talk about using cyberspace, the
realities and unrealities of cyberspace, what it should be and what we think it
is, etc.  In other words, not a whole lot. ;>

\Earl Miles              | "Chaos and Order are really the same thing; /
 \Merlin of Chaos        | it's simply that Order is easier to under- /
  \emiles@nyx.cs.du.edu  | stand, and Chaos gets bigger grants."- ME /
   \________________________________________________________________/

craig@com50.c2s.mn.org (Craig Wilson) (09/27/90)

writes:

>>How come there are no messages here?  What is this newsgroup for anyway?
>>What's the topic here?
>
>Well, last I checked, this group was to talk about using cyberspace, the
>realities and unrealities of cyberspace, what it should be and what we think it
is, etc.  In other words, not a whole lot. ;>

Originally, this group was set up to discuss cyberspace without the perennial
lifestyle discussions that occur in alt.cyberpunk.  And it was fulfilling that
role for awhile.  Since sci.virtual-worlds was created, a lot of the discussion
that had been sent to alt.cyberspace is going to s.v-w.

/craig