[sci.virtual-worlds] HICOM -- British Version of sci.virtual-worlds

S.M.Clark@loughborough.ac.uk (11/27/90)

Hi,
   I am in the process of creating a conference on the UK's HICOM computer
conferencing system. The title of the conference is VIRTUAL_REALITY. Would
it be O.K. for me to include a 'download' of goings on in s.v-w?

Here's some background info:

----
HICOM is a VMS based system which aims to support discussions between the
UK's HCI community. It has about 500 registered members, 150 of which are
regular users. Hopefully this number will soon be on the increase.

The conference I am creating will be devoted to the discussion of VR issues
and I intend to publicise it as widely as possible. When it is ready to go
live I will put a message in s.v-w (we have recently been given write
access to NewsNet news).
----

What I would like to do is to use postings from s.v-w as a way of
stimulating discussion in the conference. If you like we could come to a
reciprocal agreement and I could send you a regular summary of discussions
in VIRTUAL_REALITY.

What do you think?

Regards,

Sean Clark

 Sean Clark,                                 E-mail: S.M.Clark@uk.ac.lut
 LUTCHI Research Centre,                     Tel: (0509) 263171x4166
 University of Technology,                   Fax: (0509) 610815
 Loughborough,
 Leicstershire, LE11 3TU, UK

[If anyone has trouble with their messages being ported to Britain, please
inform Sean and me.  Otherwise, this sharing looks to be to everyone's
advantage.  Comments, please! -- Bob Jacobson, Moderator]

[It goes without saying that messages ported elsewhere should not be
edited or otherwise tampered with, without the author's permission!]

cyberoid@milton.u.washington.edu (Robert Jacobson) (11/28/90)

From: "Genny Engel" <GENOL%UCCMVSA.BITNET@UWAVM.U.WASHINGTON.EDU>
To: CYBEROID@MILTON.U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Subject:  HICOM

I'd love to see the HICOM VIRTUAL_REALITY messages posted on
sci.virtual-worlds.  In fact, I wish all the HICOM messages
would get ported over here where I could read them. (I didn't
mention in my bio that I'm a member of SIGCHI!)  I am all for
setting up cooperative reciprocal echoes on appropriate lists.

Genny Engel
GENOL@UCCMVSA.BITNET