[net.space] space station in serious danger

al@ames.UUCP (Al Globus) (01/03/86)

The office of management and budget (OMB) wants NASA to cut next years
space station budget to $100 million.  The budget is about $230 million
this year and needs around $600-800 million next year to stay on track.
If the budget is cut to the $100 million level, it will effectively
kill the project.  Send your letters.

mmm@weitek.UUCP (Mark Thorson) (01/06/86)

In article <1312@ames.UUCP>, al@ames.UUCP (Al Globus) writes:
> The office of management and budget (OMB) wants NASA to cut next years
> space station budget to $100 million.  The budget is about $230 million
> this year and needs around $600-800 million next year to stay on track.
> If the budget is cut to the $100 million level, it will effectively
> kill the project.  Send your letters.
Send them where?  After reading last month's Sci. Amer., I feel inclined to
write.  $100 million spent is $100 million wasted.

Mark Thorson  (...!cae780!weitek!mmm)

ps Okay, maybe $80 or $90 million wasted.  It's hard to spend $100 million
   without coming up with something.