[net.space] Proposal: net.sdi, sdi@sdio, sdi-request@sdio

eugene@ames.UUCP (Eugene Miya) (12/23/85)

Re: medin's posting

Isn't there a news group specifically devoted to Star Wars? (net.movies.sw?)
Let me propose that there is so much news on SDI, and that a lot
of it is spilling into other newsgroups: net.politics, net.research,
and it seems to all pervasive, that surely it belongs to a separate
newsgroup.  Since net.space is gatewayed to the ARPAnet, I am certain
a similar group could be formed there, and it would give an excuse to
put the SDI Office onto the ARPAnet where it could take criticism.
NASA cannot take credit for this stuff as we are the civilian space
agency, it's in our charter.

The SDI people can share technical discussions, argue techniques,
flame about feasibility.  Here's a vote for net.sdi!

From the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:
--eugene miya
  NASA Ames Research Center
  {hplabs,ihnp4,dual,hao,decwrl,allegra}!ames!aurora!eugene
  emiya@ames-vmsb.ARPA

rudy@bdmrrr.UUCP (Scott W. Rudy III) (12/24/85)

> Re: medin's posting
>
> The SDI people can share technical discussions, argue techniques,
> flame about feasibility.  Here's a vote for net.sdi!

I agree!
--

                                           Scott W. Rudy III
                                           The BDM Corporation WB5A

                                           UUCP: {seismo,rlgvax}!bdmrrr!rudy

al@ames.UUCP (Al Globus) (01/03/86)

> Here's a vote for net.sdi!

Make that two.

mel@wjvax.UUCP (Mel Tolentino) (01/09/86)

In article <1311@ames.UUCP> al@ames.UUCP (Al Globus) writes:
>> Here's a vote for net.sdi!
>>

>Make that two.

Here's three . Is that enough?

I sure hope so!

--

so now ya know
anything I say here is just

              Mel Tolentino (Watkins-Johnson Co.  San Jose, Calif.)
	{pesnta,twg,ios,qubix,turtlevax,tymix,vecpyr,certes,isi}!wjvax!mel