[sci.virtual-worlds] HELP YAW PITCH ROLL Clarification

schaub4@urz.unibas.ch (05/22/91)

In article <1991May19.175127.1567@urz.unibas.ch>, schaub4@urz.unibas.ch writes:

> Help please!
> I am trying to a build a prototype for my concept of an alternative 3D input
> device. Could anyone help me finding the cheapest way of getting info
> about the three angular positions (yaw, pitch, roll) of an object around 60
> times each second?

It seems that I have left out an important point in my question: the
inputdevice will be handheld and will not rest on a surface. The biggest
problem I have to solve is to find a way of measuring rotations around the
vertical axis (the magnetic field of the earth would perhaps be to difficult
to measure quickly and accurately).