[news.software.nn] nn patches

davidm@nixtor.uucp (David Macklem) (01/21/90)

Now that this news group has been created, can someone post some info
on uucp archive sites for nn patches? I've patched nn up to 6.3.6 but
the following news item of a few weeks ago implies that I'm missing
some:

>Newsgroups: comp.sources.wanted,news.software.nntp
>Subject: Re: nn patches (anything after #1)
>
>Thanx to all those that responded.  Kim Storm sent me a note telling me that
>the latest version is available for anonymous ftp from freja.diku.dk
>(129.142.96.1) version 6.3.7 and patches 8-10 are available there, so
>I just ftp'ed over those rather than try to patch from 6.3.1.

BTW, we've seen some "database corrupted" messages for some newsgroups that
probably occur when nnmaster is updating the database as these newsgroups
are ok if you try and read them a few minutes later. Do patches 7-10 fix
this?

Thanks.
--
David Macklem 				Nixdorf Computer Canada, Limited
davidm@nixtor				1131a Leslie Street, Toronto, Ontario