[news.software.nn] How can I rearange the order of my newsgroups?

What I want to do is rearange the order in which NN goes thru and
presents the newsgroups to me, so I can read my favorite newsgroups
first.

Is there a file that I can edit to accomplish this? I looked at
.nn/rc but that doesn't seem to make a difference

BTW: I know how to use G newsgroup to go to a particular newsgroup, but
I would rather not have to do that everyday (as I do now).

--
John Sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps. Accessable via Starlink (Louisville KY)
sparks@corpane.UUCP <><><><><><><><><><><> D.I.S.K. ph:502/968-5401 thru -5406

truesdel@sun217..nas.nasa.gov (David A. Truesdell) (02/03/90)

sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:

>Is there a file that I can edit to accomplish this? I looked at
>.nn/rc but that doesn't seem to make a difference

Try creating a ".nn/init" file.  Here's mine:

  set mail-format true
  set default-save-file +/inbox
  set cross-post true
  set mark-overlap true
  set quick-save true
  set expert true

  sequence
  NEW
  nas
  comp.sources
  comp.binaries
  alt.sources
  comp.bugs
  comp.windows.news
  comp.windows.x
  comp.risks
  comp

  ca
  ba

  sci
  arc
  misc
  talk
  gnu
  alt
  @

Check out the manpage for details.

T.T.F.N.,
dave truesdell (truesdel@prandtl.nas.nasa.gov)

"Testing can show the presense of bugs, but not their absence." -- Dijkstra
"Each new user of a new system uncovers a new class of bugs." -- Kernighan