[news.software.nn] NN's usage of the "Keywords:" line

mehl@cs.iastate.edu (Mark M Mehl) (01/24/90)

I would like to know if nn uses the "Keywords:" line when performing
auto kill and select from the ~/.nn/kill file it keeps.  Does nn keep
the keywords in its local system database so this can be done quickly?
I've dissected the manual for nn several times over, but there's never a
mention concerning anything about keywords.

If nn doesn't currently use keywords in its auto-kill/selection
process (as it does with the Subject: line), are there any future
plans to incorporate this feature?  It would certainly be nice if
nn did for the Keywords: and Summary: lines (regarding auto kill
and selection) what it now does for the Subject: line.
--
 /\ Mark M Mehl, alias Superticker (Supertickler to some)
<><> Internet: mehl@atanasoff.cs.IAstate.edu

mehl@cs.iastate.edu (Mark M Mehl) (02/07/90)

storm@texas.dk (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>mehl@cs.iastate.edu (Mark M Mehl) writes:
>>[Since] nn doesn't currently use keywords in its auto-kill/selection
>>process (as it does with the Subject: line), are there any future
>>plans to incorporate this feature?

>I am investigating kill/select on more fields (or optionally the full
>header or even body) for 6.4.  But no promises :-)               ^^^^
It's probably undesirable for the local client machine to deal with
the full header.  If only the Subject, Author, Keywords, and Summary
lines were used to kill/select from by the local system, this would
be adequate for most needs.