[news.software.nn] Underlining in an article

eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) (02/06/90)

When an article has underlining in it (in the form of A^H_B^H_C^H) NN
just ignores it (in my case) and gives me the normal text (ABC).
Perhaps I'm too lazy to RTFM again (I did study it a couple months
ago) but am I missing some option? "set something"?.

--
Doug Eastick -- eastick@me.utoronto.ca

storm@texas.dk (Kim F. Storm) (02/08/90)

eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) writes:

>When an article has underlining in it (in the form of A^H_B^H_C^H) NN
>just ignores it (in my case) and gives me the normal text (ABC).
>Perhaps I'm too lazy to RTFM again (I did study it a couple months
>ago) but am I missing some option? "set something"?.

nn consistently ignores the sequence <any-character><back-space>, so
I suppose your example should read _^HA_^HB_^HC to produce ABC.

There is nothing you can "set" which turns _^HA into an underlined A.
If there a need for this feature I could look at it for 6.4...

--
Kim F. Storm        storm@texas.dk        Tel +45 429 174 00
Texas Instruments, Marielundvej 46E, DK-2730 Herlev, Denmark