[news.software.nn] mark as unread?

richard@pegasus.uucp (Richard Foulk) (02/14/90)

Well I just tried nn.  I've been using rn for a long time and I
know many of its limitations well.  But...

It doesn't look like there's any way to mark one or two articles
in a newsgroup as unread after exitting the group.  Is there?

It kinda looks like nn's file structures would be hard put to
support this.

--
Richard Foulk		richard%pegasus.uucp@nosc.mil
			richard@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu

storm@texas.dk (Kim F. Storm) (02/16/90)

richard@pegasus.uucp (Richard Foulk) writes:

>It doesn't look like there's any way to mark one or two articles
>in a newsgroup as unread after exitting the group.  Is there?

Not with release 6.3.

>It kinda looks like nn's file structures would be hard put to
>support this.

Exactly, and that is why release 6.4 (to be posted in a month or so)
will use the .newsrc file to allow you to leave as many articles
unread as you please.  The user interface to leaving articles unread
may still need some improvements, but the abilitity is certainly there.

--
Kim F. Storm        storm@texas.dk        Tel +45 429 174 00
Texas Instruments, Marielundvej 46E, DK-2730 Herlev, Denmark