[news.software.nn] Where to post newsreader-independent utilities

barrett@Daisy.EE.UND.AC.ZA (Alan P. Barrett) (02/18/91)

In article <1991Feb14.150543.7154@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>,
heal@mrcnext.uiuc.edu (Loren E. Heal) writes:
> Here are a couple of scripts I wrote to unsubscribe and resubscribe
> to newsgroups.

I have recently noticed that several utilities for manipulating the
.newsrc file have been posted to news.software.nn without being
crossposted to other equally appropriate groups.

nn is not the only newsreader that uses the .newsrc file, so utilities
that manipulate the .newsrc file probably belong in
news.software.readers (and/or one of the sources groups).  Oh, we don't
have a news.software.readers group.  Well then, news.software.b is
probably the next best thing.

Followup to news.admin, I think.

--apb
Alan Barrett, Dept. of Electronic Eng., Univ. of Natal, Durban, South Africa
Internet: barrett@ee.und.ac.za (or %ee.und.ac.za@saqqara.cis.ohio-state.edu)
UUCP: m2xenix!quagga!undeed!barrett    PSI-Mail: PSI%(6550)13601353::BARRETT