[bit.listserv.pmdf-l] exquota

MJSTRAW@IUP (Mark Strawcutter) (02/07/90)

John Payne writes:
 .
>I haven't looked at the problem seriously, but I did notice that the
>problem doesn't seem to be PMDF specific.  Under VMS 5.2, a process
>with EXQUOTA (or even just SETPRV) can deliver mail to an over-stuffed
>account via vanilla VMS Mail, where an unprivileged user gets a quota error.
 .
 .
 .
We're relatively new to all this.  We're running JNET 3.4 and just
got our PMDF tapes.  We've noticed that JNET re-installs MAIL with
EXQUOTA.  This means that disk quotas are pretty useless.  Anyone
(priv or no) can send mail to a user who has exceeded his quota.

Joiner claims MAIL's gotta have EXQUOTA.  sigh.  Does PMDF need
it, too?

Mark Strawcutter