[alt.callahans] Life in cosmo

gwh@tornado.Berkeley.EDU (George William Herbert) (01/18/90)

In article <2746@unisoft.UUCP> greywolf@unisoft.UUCP (The Grey Wolf) writes:
>In article <UZeeNd_00WB8MQoF8m@andrew.cmu.edu> haste+@andrew.cmu.edu (Dani Zweig) writes:
>>> The materially wealthy *almost* never know true love;
>>> the materially poor seem to be wealthier in almost every single way, be-
>But most people who are at the *upper extreme* are materialistic, elitist,
>snobbish Sons Of Bitches (NOTE, please, that I said "most"), and they are,
>in many ways, worse off than those who live on the economic median strip.

Maniac Sits up with a snort.  "Ah, the dangers of judging others..."

 I have seen the opposite, that they tend to be just like
everyone else, just with bigger toys and better clothes.  They laugh,
they cry, people sometimes emitionally hurt them like everyone else,
and when people they care about die, they will
feel sad.  In fact, while certainly not in this class myself, i had a
good introduction into the latter condition a week ago when a fammily frie
friend passed away and i attended the funeral and memorial service.

And several friends of mine who fell into this category most certainly
didn't act like that when i knew them, any more than anyone else that i
knew.

Those of you who percieve a unkind attitude about the rich ought to look
carefully around the world.  Very few people in general when met on the
street come across as polite.  Sad, but true.

Mike, a round for the house.  And for everyone, a toast:
To better understanding.  I do beleive that's what we're about.

Lob...Krunch!
-maniac