[alt.rock-n-roll.metal] Wild Things

pa2027@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Stupendous Man) (01/17/90)

In article <QZgX=zu00XoHA30Vxd@andrew.cmu.edu> js8q+@andrew.cmu.edu (John Joseph Swick, Jr.) writes:
>I'm pretty sure that "Wild Thing" was written by Jimi Hendrix
>but he wrote it for The Troggs.  Hendrix has a live version, and
>I still think it's the best.

Yeah, I know that they're not metal...... but what about X's
version.  I seem to remember it from the movie MAJOR LEAGUE and it
ripped in its own right.

Oh, and by the way....... TO ALL YOU OBSEQUIOUS MORONS WHO FEEL THAT
ITS YOUR CALLING IN LIFE TO CONDEMN METAL... give it a rest.  Music
is for everyone and no form can really be called less than another.
Try to have some tolerance instead of trying to be so manly-man in
putting down something you don't understand.  Hey you don't see me
saying RAP SUCKS THE WANGER just because I personally can't stand
the crap.
  So to quote from G-N-R:   "You think you're so cool, why don't you
just....F*CK OFF!!!"

Nuff said

Michael

--
Michael Butler - "Water, water everywhere nor any drop to drink"-
S.T. Coleridge and Iron Maiden////   Brad McQuaid - When reality

lak8141@oak.circa.ufl.edu (01/17/90)

In article <QZgX=zu00XoHA30Vxd@andrew.cmu.edu>, js8q+@andrew.cmu.edu (John Joseph Swick, Jr.) writes...
}
}
}I'm pretty sure that "Wild Thing" was written by Jimi Hendrix
}but he wrote it for The Troggs.  Hendrix has a live version, and
}I still think it's the best.

I got "Jimi Hendrix" the movie on tape, from A&E... It has him doing a
concert performance of "Wild Thing".

Jeff "The Riffer" Mercer  (lak8141%oak.decnet@pine.circa.ufl.edu)
|Another day, another death. Another sorrow, another breath.                  |
|                               --From "No Remorse" by Metallica              |
|"Wolfjaw, Montana. That's indian territory." "Looks like we got aliens moving|
| into the neighborhood. Let's go." "Great. First the white man, now aliens." |
|                               --War Of The Worlds (the series)              |