[net.space] Voyager_2 Radio Emission

biro@pipa.DEC (01/31/86)

** VOYAGER 2   NEW RECORDING OF RADIO EMISSIONS **
I did not hear this but I read in a local paper the  Boston Globe

'New recording of radon emissions generated by the magnetic  field
turned up "something that has never been heard before in any other
magnetosphere  and  for  which  there  is  no  real  explanation,"
according to project scientist Edward Stone.   A tape recording of
the strangely musical, almost voice-like radio emission was played
at yesterday's press breifing '

(=:  After reading this all I could picture was Carl Sagen grinning
ear  to  ear  as  I  believe that there was a tape recording on the
Voyager_2 of Whale's calls, could it be and  answer to the Whales.
:=)    Sorry for the pun.  The radio emmission is true.

Has anyone hear the recording, and are the moons of Uranus in the
plane of N and S poles or are they Perpendicular to the poles.

thanks John

steve@jplgodo.UUCP (Steve Schlaifer x3171 156/224) (02/03/86)

In article <824@decwrl.DEC.COM>, biro@pipa.DEC writes:

> Has anyone hear the recording, and are the moons of Uranus in the
> plane of N and S poles or are they Perpendicular to the poles.

I have not heard the recording so I cannot comment on that.  The Uranian
moons all orbit in a plane perpendicular to the poles even though the poles
are tipped over almost into the ecliptic plane.
--

...smeagol\			Steve Schlaifer
......wlbr->!jplgodo!steve	Advance Projects Group, Jet Propulsion Labs