[bit.listserv.i-amiga] VD0: Woes...

GE0827@SIUCVMB.BITNET (Todd J Cottle) (02/05/90)

I have been having no luck at installing the ASDG-rrd device from
ff221.  I've copied asdg.vdisk.device to Devs: and copied the
sample mountlist into devs:mountlist ( HiCycl=15 ).  After typing
MOUNT, VD0: shows up on the devices list but all commands to VD0:
generate 'cannot find VD0:' error.

I'm using Arp/Dmouse/Conman and have tried both Arp/AmigaDOS mount.
I'm sure that I'm missing something simple but have not idea what.

MADSAX@MAVEN.U.WASHINGTON.EDU (LIFE IS A BOWL OF 64TH NOTES) (02/07/90)

>From: GE0827@SIUCVMB.BITNET (Todd J Cottle)
>Subject:VD0: Woes...
>Date: 5 Feb 90 02:51:14 GMT

>I have been having no luck at installing the ASDG-rrd device from
>ff221.  I've copied asdg.vdisk.device to Devs: and copied the
>sample mountlist into devs:mountlist ( HiCycl=15 ).  After typing
>MOUNT, VD0: shows up on the devices list but all commands to VD0:
>generate 'cannot find VD0:' error.
>
>I'm using Arp/Dmouse/Conman and have tried both Arp/AmigaDOS mount.
>I'm sure that I'm missing something simple but have not idea what.

I believe that after MOUNTing your VD0:, you need to do a
CD VD0: as well, else it will not work.  This is the case
with the RAM: disk as well, and I believe that the docs that came
with the VD0: device also recommended CD'ing to it.

         ---Mark A. DeLoura
            madsax@milton.u.washington.edu