[bit.listserv.i-amiga] FIDONET

GRAHAM@IUCF.BITNET (02/08/90)

Does anyone know where I may find communications software
that allows the Amiga to function as a Fidonet node?

Thanks.

GRAHAM@IUCF.BITNET

AWKSG@UOTTAWA.BITNET (Alan Kelm) (02/09/90)

>           GRAHAM@IUCF.BITNET writes:
>
> Does anyone know where I may find communications software
> that allows the Amiga to function as a Fidonet node?

   There is, in fact, some FIDONET software for the Amiga.  I know for a
fact that you can set up your Amiga as a POINT off of a fido node.  I don't
know if you can set up your Amiga as a FIDONET  NODE,  however.  (A friend
of mine (Russell McOrmond) runs a very active FIDO node on the bridgecard
in his A2000, but I don't count that).
   There is Amiga software called WELMAT which is a session handler which
logs into FIDONET boards and does message and file transfers.  To read
the messages you can use a program called CONFMAIL and another called
RMB.  There is another, new solution,  a package called JULIET developped
locally (I have been an alpha tester)  which does a very nice job and uses
   To get further information on this,  send a message to
   Russell McOrmond@1:163/109
   who is very enthusiastic,  and will help you get started if you are
interested.
   - A. Kelm