[bit.listserv.i-amiga] Graphics Reference Books

TLIMONCE@DREW.BITNET (Tom Limoncelli @ Drew Univ.) (03/01/90)

In article <40271.25ebcf88@drunivac.drew.edu>, mk59200@TUT.FI writes:
>Get the ROM Kernel Reference Manuals (Includes&Autodocs and Libraries&Devices).
> These are written by Commodore-Amiga personnel and published by Addison-
> Wesley Co.  "Programmer's guide to Amiga" by Rob Peck is also OK.

I disagree.  The book by Rob Peck is FANTASTIC.  The 1.3 Library &
Devices (which includes the info that was in the Intuition RKM for
1.1) is a great reference too.  I recommend both, with Rob Peck's
having more examples.

>>          Should I get this thing now, or wait for the "Includes &
>>      Autodocs 1.4"? (Which I ASSUME will come out after 1.4 is released)

Don't wait.  The 1.3 books are the standard, and when 1.4 is released
they will publish some erratta/update sheets.

-Tom
---
Tom Limoncelli
tlimonce@drew.edu (new)    ...as seen in USA Today!