[bit.listserv.christia] ALL are sinners

UJCCPC@UNC (01/13/90)

> I hope this doesn't add to the feeling of negativness some feel to be
> permiating this list, but I have a nasty streak in me that enjoys pestering
> witches.

    I know what you mean.  I have the same problem with Republicans.
I really get a kick out of arguing with them because they are so
obviously air-brains.  I love it when Congress stands in their way
of raping the land, stealing from the poor, suffocating the economy,
selling arms to terrorists, etc.
    Only one problem.  It is so easy to feel superior to them that my
pride gets completely out of control.  I go around with my nose in the
air like I know what is right and wrong and I'm somehow BETTER than
these jerks who are ruining my country.  But the Bible teaches us that  ickens),
ALL OF US are sinners, so anytime we feel like we're better than        make
somebody or group of people, that we are superior, then that's the time  to
to step back and look for that mote (correct spelling this time)
that's floating around in our own eyes.
John Cromartie

LHARANGO@OWUCOMCN (Lauren Arango) (01/13/90)

John Cromartie writes:

>   I know what you mean.  I have the same problem with Republicans.
>I really get a kick out of arguing with them because they are so
>obviously air-brains.

Being an air-brain is a *human* problem, not confined to any particular
race, religion, sex, or political affiliation.

                                God's peace,
                                Lauren (a registered Democrat)

UJCCPC@UNC (01/14/90)

> >   I know what you mean.  I have the same problem with Republicans.
> >I really get a kick out of arguing with them because they are so
> >obviously air-brains.
>
> Being an air-brain is a *human* problem, not confined to any particular
> race, religion, sex, or political affiliation.

    My point exactly.  Being a sinner is also a human problem not
confined to any particular race, religion, sex, or political
affiliation.  It is a condition we Christians share with witches.
    I was singling out a group that I have trouble with in order to
make the point that we *shouldn't* single out groups.
John Cromartie