[bit.listserv.christia] JMP - Drugs for spiritual purposes

JMP@VMS.BRIGHTON.AC.UK (pharmacy John Pickett) (01/17/90)

>Date:     Fri, 12 Jan 90 16:42:48 CST
>From:     Kurt Evans <D2MG@EARN.SDSUMUS>
>Subject:  False Peace and False Light The Testimony of Elliot Miller

>     Liz's answer once and for all delivered me from my conflict.  I
>could finally understand why drug use, or for that matter, Eastern med-
>itation or any method of inducing altered states of consciousness, was
>not the way to reach God.  It was possible to have a spiritual exper-
>ience--even to feel blissfully enlightened and serene--without *really*
>experiencing God.  Spiritual evil can and does masquerade as spiritual
>good (2 Cor. 11:14), and trancelike states of consciousness tend to open
>one up to such influences.

Drugs for spiritual purposes are a quick route to hell. See in

Revelation 9,21; 18:23  Greek word pharmakeia  meaning  enchantment with drugs
Revelation 21:8                    pharmakeus           enchanter with drugs
Revelation 22:15                   pharmakos            drug(s)

  Variously translated:   Magic arts,  magic spells,  sorceries,  sorcerers

In the love of Christ,

John Pickett