[bit.listserv.christia] JMP - RE: re: MLK and Christianity

JMP@VMS.BRIGHTON.AC.UK (pharmacy John Pickett) (02/06/90)

>Date:        Sat, 3 Feb 90 09:39:30 EET
>From:        Peter Capell <pc1y+@EDU.CMU.ANDREW>
>Subject:     Re: MLK and Christianity - KEG

>This is what I myself believe, and I believe it is far closer to the
>truth than the standard dogmatic adherance to the notion that Jesus of
>Nazareth is forever determining the fate of souls born both before and
>after His arrival.  Jesus of Nazareth was to me the vessel.  Jesus, the
>Christ was Jesus and the Christ as one.  When he spoke the phrase, "None
>may come to the father but by me," the Christ was speaking through that
>body, at that time.

>It is not a point for argument with me.  I expect to see many many souls
>in Heaven, not a select few, and I expect them to include Buddhists,
>Moslems, Jews, and Hindus, not to mention countless others, including
>professing to be Christians.  My point is not to argue the point as to
>find out why no one seems willing to examine the possibility at least.
>At the very least, it is not a ridiculous hypothesis.
>
>    Peter

            !   !    !     !      !      !     !    !   !

     I never thought to see such heresy from a 'professing christian'.

If this is a flame, then please forgive me, but the honour of my Lord
and Saviour is at stake here. I know others have already responded but,
although I am very busy at the moment and not been feeling very well,
I have to stand up and be counted.

*The* Scriptures tell us "You are all Sons of God through faith in Christ
Jesus, for all of you who were baptised into Christ have clothed yourself
with Christ." (Galatians 3:26,27). Jesus alone "destroyed the barrier, the
dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in His flesh the law with its
commandments and regulations" (Ephesians 2:14-18). Jesus "Himself is our
peace"; through Him we, Jews and Gentiles alike, "have access to the Father
by one Spirit."

All people groups are reconciled in Jesus by faith in Him upon repentence:
"a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ"
(Galatians 2:16).

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with
God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by
faith into this grace in which we now stand." (Romans 5:1,2)

Did the Buddha, Mohammed or Krishna die for you? - for "without the shedding
of blood there is no forgiveness." (Hebrews 9:22)

Was the Buddha raised to life for you; or Mohammed or Krishna or any other
of the many Hindu gods? All who trust in them will die in their sins because
only Jesus Christ "was raised to life for our justification." (Romans 4:25)

Well I could go on... but you must search the Scriptures for they testify
only of CHRIST JESUS the Son of God. "Repent and be baptised... in the name
of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the
gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38) Who alone has been given to us to
"guide us into all truth." (John 16:13)

Repent for I perceive that your heart is not right with God.  :(

Brickbats stop here!

In the love of Christ Jesus my only Lord and Saviour in Whom alone I trust,

John Pickett