[bit.listserv.christia] TAKING CHRISTIANITY OFF ALL AIRWAYS

BC01@SWTEXAS (Krasnaya Zvezda) (02/08/90)

 Elizabeth Stevens <CCCAMPER@UMCVMB> writes:

>A friend of mine gave me the following letter and asked me
>to distribute it to as many people as possible.

>Madalyn Murry O'Hair, an atheist whose efforts successfully
>eliminated the use of Bible reading and prayer from all public
>schools 15 years ago, has been granted a Federal hearing in
>Washington, D.C. on the subject of (F.C.C.). The petition,
>R.H. 2493, would ultimately pave the way to stop the reading of
>the Gospel on the air waves of America. She took her petition,
>with 27,000 signatures, to back her stand.

THIS IS A FALSE RUMOR!!!

I have seen this rumor appear at least once a year for the last 10 - 12 years.
Every time it surfaces 100's of people fall for it and make fools of
themselves.  I think probably that this is purpose of the rumor.  My pastor,
and other ministers in this area (Austin, Texas) have verified that it has no
factual basis.

                                        Sincerely,
                                        Biff Coon
                                        BC01@SWTEXAS.BITNET