[bit.listserv.christia] KE: Re to Paul

D2MG@SDSUMUS (Kurt Evans) (02/10/90)

PDB wrote:
>To be a
>Christian is an inner quality, an inner acceptance of the example
>extablished by JC, not an outer proclamation saying "I am a Christian."

1 Corinthians 12:
  3  Therefore I make known to you, that no one speaking by the Spirit
of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord,"
except by the Holy Spirit.

>. . . it is the example that will lead us to salvation, not by
>holding up his name saying I accept Christ!

Romans 10:
  9  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in
your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved;
 10  for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and
with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Matthew 10:
 32  "Everyone therefore who shall confess Me before men, I will also
confess him before My Father who is in heaven.
 33  "But whoever shall deny Me before men, I will also deny him before
My Father who is in heaven."
                                  Jesus, the Son of God

>. . . you cannot
>deny that the example established by JC is the true way!

John 14:
  6  Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no
one comes to the Father, but through Me."

(He didn't say, "The example established by Me is the way . . .")

>. . . one could say . . . The Buddha is a perfect example of the
>"Christ Consciousness."

Romans 3:
 23  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

1 John 2:
 22  Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ?

>We all worship
>the same God, but we perceive Him/It differently . . .

1 Corinthians 8:
  5  For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on
earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords,

1 Corinthians 10:
 20  No, but I say that the things which the pagans sacrifice, they
sacrifice to demons, and not to God; and I do not want you to become
sharers in demons.

>. . . in the Greek, Virgin meant
>young girl.  The understanding that virgin means what it does today is
>a somewhat more recent understanding.

Matthew 1:
 18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows.  When His mother
Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was
found to be with child by the Holy Spirit.

>I cannot
>deny that the Bible is the word of God . . .

     Sure you can, but you'll be wrong.

                                       For Jesus' glory,
                                       Kurt