[bit.listserv.games-l] HELP!

IRIE@HUSC3.BITNET (01/12/90)

Hi, I am just strating out in the world of "listservers" and would like
to ask a question, if I may.

Where is the apple section for games-l? I have a subscription to
apple2-l at brownvm, but don't see any games. Moreover, when I tried to
subscribe to "apple2-l" at "games-l" at uarlvm1 or something like that, it
transferred my request to brownvm. What is going on? How can I get a list
of games for the apple2?

Thanks,
Robert Irie
irie2@husc8.harvard.edu

CC004011@BROWNVM.BITNET (Spyros C. Bartsocas) (01/12/90)

>Where is the apple section for games-l? I have a subscription to
>apple2-l at brownvm, but don't see any games. Moreover, when I tried to
>subscribe to "apple2-l" at "games-l" at uarlvm1 or something like that, it
>transferred my request to brownvm. What is going on? How can I get a list
>of games for the apple2?

Both APPLE2-L and GAMES-L are mailing lists.  Each one of them has
certain files associated with it.  Any game posted to apple2-l will be
stored on LISTSERV@UTARLVM1 (other files will be on LISTSERV@BROWNVM).
To get the list of apple II games available send the following command
to LISTSERV@UTARLVM1:
INDEX APPLE2-L

Note that you do not have to be subscribed to either list in order to be
able to request their files.
If you have any questions about the apple2-l list, send them to
CHRIS@BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU

>Thanks,
>Robert Irie
>irie2@husc8.harvard.edu

Spyros

HARTJS@MOREKYPR.BITNET (01/17/90)

HELP!!!

is there anyone out there that has heard of a game called _wasteland_?
i am having some serious trouble, actually had some serious problems...
i got through about 40% of the game, maybe closer to 50% (that's what
the little note said in the room in the hideout) and then it would
refuse the scenario disks, first disk one and then it would refuse
both....i don't know if the memory on the computer just couldn't handle
it or if the disks mysteriously deteriorated or what, but i was soooooo
close...i killed finster and  found the sleeper base and cochise and redhawk....

it makes me very unhappy....can anyone help me?????

send it directly to me, if you wish.

hartjs@morekypr