[net.space] space shuttle stock

rachiele@NADC.ARPA (02/11/86)

I think a corperation is a great idea (even though I can't spell it).  I would
be willing to invest some small amount of money (~$1000 ) to own a piece of a space shuttle.  But wouldn't there be an operating
loss?  Can operating a shuttle actually be profitable (or at least break-even)?
           Jim

mdm@pur-ee.UUCP (Mike D McEvoy) (02/12/86)

In article <8602111949.AA17874@s1-b.arpa> rachiele@NADC.ARPA writes:
>I think a corporation is a great idea.  I would
>be willing to invest some small amount of money (~$1000 )
>to own a piece of a space shuttle.  But wouldn't there be an operating
>loss?  Can operating a shuttle actually be profitable (or at least break-even)?

Who cares about profit....   All we really have to do is talk the congress
critters into rewriting the tax laws a bit like they have over the years
to help the venture capitalists, oil companies, etc.  Now that would be
a tax loophole we could all live with!!

Mike McEvoy