[bit.listserv.sas-l] DUMPSAS

THL@NCCIBM1.BITNET (Tom Lewis) (02/08/90)

One of our users has a copy of a DUMPSAS macro written for a VM/CMS
system.  The macro creates a fixed format sequential file from a
SAS dataset.  The user is interested in converting for VAX/VMS and
PC SAS, but wants to know if it has already been done.  I know there
has been discussion of this topic before (not DUMPSAS specifically,
but conversion to flat files) so if there are alternate solutions, they
would be welcome as well.

Tom Lewis

HAMER@VCUVAX.BITNET (ROBERT M. HAMER) (02/08/90)

Tom Lewis <THL@NCCIBM1.BITNET> writes:
>SAS dataset.  The user is interested in converting for VAX/VMS and
>PC SAS, but wants to know if it has already been done.  I know there
>has been discussion of this topic before (not DUMPSAS specifically,
>but conversion to flat files) so if there are alternate solutions, they
>would be welcome as well.

Yes, there are alternate solutions -- using transport format files
that SAS can create on one system and read on the other system.
Or using the "Micro-to-host-link" and uploading or downloading
the SAS dataset directly between the two system.