isws mporoume na broume mia akrh apo pou proerxontai
>From
 rodan!uupsi!rpi!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!swrinde!cs.utexas.edu!natinst!babur
 Mon Feb  5 21:41:38 EST 1990
Article 726 of soc.culture.turkish:
>From: babur@natinst.com (Babur Ozden)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.turkish
Subject: Creete Independence Movement
Date: 5 Feb 90 23:00:40 GMT

    This is not intented to contribute to the endless arguments in
this net. Nor it intends to discomfort the Greek participant of the sct.
I could have posted this in scg but since there are relatively large
Greek subscribers to sct I thought I could get an answer from here.
Once again all I want to know is the validity of a news item appeared
in a Turkish newspaper, and have no other intentions.

    With his every letter, my father sends me a bunch of articles
stripped from Turkish newspapers and magazines.He collects them for about
a month and then send them over here. His last mail included an article
taken from Turkish newspaper "Milliyet" (sorry not being able to give
its date, since it is cut such that there is no place to find the original
papers date. But if anyone is intrested I can call him and ask).

    Anyway the article talks about a group called the "Creete Independence
Movement". The group claims that "Creete belongs to the people of Creete" and
accuses Greece as being "emparialist". The group recently distributed flyers
in Athens saying "We support the Warriors of Creete who are ready to draw their
blood for an independent Creete". The flyer also included : "We are the
decendents of one of the oldest civilizations of the history. And have no
cultural and ethnical ties with Greeks".

    The article contains more of the flyer which is in the above lines.
If any one is interested I can try to translate it into English or write the
Turkish original.

    What is this  "Creete Independence Movement" ? Is it a mock-news ?
(the articles source is the papers foreign news service). Does anybody know?

             Kwstas Stamatakhs
Newsgroups: soc.culture.turkish

Date: Mon, 5 Feb 90 21:47:06 EST
From: kpstamat@rodan.acs.syr.edu
To: hellas@brownvm.BITNET
Subject: Apo s.c.t.

 Pro ligwn hmerwn o Alexandros o Polumenopoulos anefere gia kati
prokurhxeis sxetika me thn Krhth. Sas stelnw ena munhma apo s.c.t.
Newsgroups: soc.culture.turkish