[bitnet.swl-l] NASA Audio

msmith@RUTGERS.EDU> (01/10/90)

WA3NAN rebroadcasts on the following frequencies (plus some others).

3860 LSB (I heard the launch here)
7185 LSB
14295 USB
20390 USB (I think...)

They also QSL for these broadcasts, I am told.  I'm gonna try to get
one.

Mark Smith, an SWL
--
Mark Smith, KNJ2LH                All Rights Reserved
RPO 1604               You may redistribute this article only if those who

winter@BBN.COM> (01/11/90)

In article <Jan.10.09.33.17.1990.8258@topaz.rutgers.edu>
 msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) writes:
>WA3NAN rebroadcasts on the following frequencies (plus some others).
>
>3860 LSB (I heard the launch here)
>7185 LSB
>14295 USB
>20390 USB (I think...)
 ^^^^^

That's 21.390. My understanding is that they only use it occasionally,
though.

Their standard daytime freqs. are 14.195 and 7.185. I was listening to
them on 20m a while ago--but with 2m FM available here in the Bay Area
(145.58 MHz in case you missed the posting), I didn't stay with
20m SSB for long. :-)

BTW, so far in this mission it seems that the astronauts are going to
bed late afternoon Houston time, so don't panic if you don't hear
anything during the evening. (The wake-up calls are a kick if you can
catch them.) However, occasionally the mission control announcer
will come on with an update during the sleep period.

Patty
Patty Winter N6BIS                        INTERNET: winter@apple.com
AMPR.ORG: [44.4.0.44]                     UUCP: {decwrl,nsc,sun}!apple!winter

allbery@BBN.COM> (01/12/90)

As quoted from <37744@apple.Apple.COM> by winter@Apple.COM (Patty Winter):
+---------------
| In article <Jan.10.09.33.17.1990.8258@topaz.rutgers.edu>
 msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) writes:
| >WA3NAN rebroadcasts on the following frequencies (plus some others).
| >
| >3860 LSB (I heard the launch here)
| >7185 LSB
| >14295 USB
| >20390 USB (I think...)
|  ^^^^^
|
| That's 21.390. My understanding is that they only use it occasionally,
| though.
+---------------

I was given to understand that these frequencies are pretty much local
coverage only.  True?  If so, are there any broadcasts receivable in NE Ohio,
perhaps in connection with NASA/Lewis?

Thanks in advance,
++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery    allbery@NCoast.ORG, BALLBERY (MCI Mail), ALLBERY (Delphi)
      uunet!cwjcc.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery ncoast!allbery@cwjcc.cwru.edu

allbery@BBN.COM> (01/13/90)

As quoted from <Jan.10.09.33.17.1990.8258@topaz.rutgers.edu> by
 msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith):
| WA3NAN rebroadcasts on the following frequencies (plus some others).
|
| 3860 LSB (I heard the launch here)

Another dumb question:  My receiver doesn't grok SSB.  Can I still receive
these transmissions---and are they likely to be understandable?  (I just
tried, but my external hard drive kills reception regardless.)

++Brandon